This new feature currently allows Shopify store owners to link their Instagram profile with their site to create a seamless user experience when it comes to sales. The ability to directly tag products on your Instagram feed to your products on Shopify makes it a simple process for potential customers to convert.
To utilize Instagram on your Shopify store, you have to have an approved Shop in the Facebook channel (you can find more information here), an Instagram Business account and your store has to operate in one of the supported countries for Shopify. This includes countries such as United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, or Brazil. You also need to have products added to your Facebook catalog for this to work!
So here are the steps for getting your Instagram channel integrated with Shopify for shoppable product feeds:
1. When you’re logged in to Shopify, visit the admin page and click the + button next to the Sales channels heading.
2. Once you’ve found the Add sales channel dialog box, click on the Instagram button and then click Add channel.
3. Authenticate your Instagram account in the sales channel by logging into your Facebook account page.
Once you’ve activated the Instagram integration with Shopify, you’ll be able to set up Shoppable Instagram posts, which are designated with a little shopping bag icon. Users can also see the products as they scroll through the feed. The picture on Instagram will say “Tap to View Products” on the bottom left corner or there will be a little white circle with a shopping bag icon.
To manage your product catalog on Instagram, you can follow these steps:
1. On Instagram, visit the Settings section of your business profile and click on it.
2. Click on Products, which will then prompt you to confirm your Facebook account.
3. Select the product catalog under yourstore.myshopify.com.
4. Press Done.
Once you’re done with that, you should be all set!